25 August 2008

Batu Caves

Hi everyone, I’m Vivian. First of all, thanks to danilo5753 (Daniel) for giving me an opportunity to contribute in his blog.

Yesterday was a wonderful day for us. We went to Batu Caves. It is a 'Must See' in Malaysia. If you never been to this place, you should! It wasn't my first time visiting, but still, I felt exciting as if the first time.

We made our way to Batu Caves early in the morning.

It’s a great exercise taking 272 stairs all the way to the top. There’s a Golden statue of Murugan beside the main staircase.


Going up the steps was not all that hard. We gave it a shot.

We came across a small signboard there. NO EXERCISE IN THIS AREA. Exercise? Climbing stairs considered as exercise though. Yeah.. We love exercise.


Temple Cave is the main tourist attraction at Batu Caves. Reaching to the top of the stairs, we discovered a small Hindu temple. A lot of Indian worshippers were there. We can really feel the spiritual power while seeing the caves. We walked through the huge, natural undergrounded chamber. The cave has its amazing effects in water dropping from the hollow opening at the top (which makes the floor wet and slippery) and there were pigeons in the cave (outside has more).

At the far end of the huge cave sits another set of stairs. This wide stairway leads to a higher cave. It is well worth the effort and rewarding getting to the top. The natural formation of the caves was awesome.

There is a colony of playful, long-tailed monkeys. It was entertaining to watch those monkeys playing around. Be careful if you carry food, those monkeys will probably snatch the food from your hand!



After visiting the caves, we had coconut to quench our thirst. Believe me it was a wonderfully refreshing drink, restoring our energies after a fascinating morning adventure.


1 comment:

danilo5753 said...

This journey will leave a deep impression to me. I mean , very very deep.I wont forget the day and that is one of my life journey. I appreciate the sweat that we contribute in the journey.

Its pretty shiny that day , I can feel that my skin get darker by 0.01% already .

Stay strong !
PS: I know sweat a lot , lol.